Red Orchestra 2 for free

Discussion in 'Meanwhile, in the real world...' started by Rogorugu, 2014-04-23.

1. Sometime today, for 24 hours, Red Orchestra 2 will be free (forever) for anybody that downloads it from Steam. It's a really good game with very nice squadplay & I think at least some people here would enjoy it. Awesome squadplay & communication between squadleaders/commanders on good servers. It's pretty damn gory as well for those who like that type of thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1353639133892980334

olumox, Cubie, 10bag and 3 others like this.
  2. This game is just pure gold when you got commander + squadleaders who actually uses mic :)

LeBron, Rogorugu and olumox like this.
  3. It's a great game, GZ put some good hours into it, few months back. If anyone wants to play be sure to add me on steam olumox

Cubie, Rogorugu and Flame81 like this.
  4. Flame81

Flame81 DayZero Stream-king/babydad Leaderboard Staff Member Gamemaster Forum Moderator

Seems like a decent game worth trying out. :) Thanks for the heads up!

Rogorugu likes this.
  5. Silesky

Silesky The Gif King Leaderboard

Also up for playing with people, it's so much fun. Realistic in ways that CoD isn't. Still can't beat some CoD nostalgia!

6. Gooby.

Gooby. Survivor Leaderboard

ro1 was the greatest game ever. was bit dissapointed on second (still realy good):-D so much like CoD

ill be up for playing too so add Jull3d on steam

Stalker likes this.
  7. I find it more similar to Battlefield 2 in how squadleaders & the commander is really important for the team. Realism mode is epic too. Oh and the vehicles they added in the latest patch!

8. Gooby.

Gooby. Survivor Leaderboard

classic is only real way to play :)

9. 10bag

10bag Stalker Leaderboard

Wow! Really? After three years they've finally added vehicles?
    As a big fan of the original RO I was really disappointed with RO2 when it released in '11 but it's actually been a really good game for the past few years - definitely recommend people take advantage of this free offer.
    Rising Storm isn't that great though, which is a shame.

Rogorugu likes this.
  10. Cubie

Cubie Professional Hoarder Leaderboard

I really like Rising Storm so i'm definetly going to download this, thanks for the tip Rogorugu.

olumox likes this.
  11. Imo Rising Storm isnt worth picking up. Those jungle maps are so frustrating since there's just so many places for people to camp & so hard to spot somebody before you die.

12. is the steam store loading for you?

13. Yup.

It goes free 10 AM PDT btw. That's 30 minutes from making this post.

14. 10bag

10bag Stalker Leaderboard

Yeah my problem with Rising Storm is all to do with the map design. I miss the large-scale maps of RO1, and I think RO2 made a mistake by going for more close-quarter maps, but maps like Pavlov's House are brilliant.

Z.nu crew should all invade a RO2 server and see how much ownage we can lay down

Cubie and olumox like this.
  15. Me, Silesky and Olumox will be in the DayZero TS playing tonight, anyones welcome to jump in with us

Cubie likes this.
  16. But brooksie, you suck <3

17. I remember when all there was between us was love :-(

Freddie likes this.
  18. Good Guy Rogorugu

19. zmay

zmay King of Kamenka Leaderboard

We have server with vanilla and some good community maps without RS cause we don't like it either with all those run and gun mortars and flamethrowers. Some really beast players are playing there so if you want experience like dayzero in ro2 world we can organize some fun matches.

20. Pretty fun game with the old bolt action snipers might have to re-download it again