Installing 116523 BETA

Discussion in 'Guides' started by mdms, 2014-04-22.

1. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

THIS GUIDE IS OBSOLETE! USE https://zombies.nu/community/threads/10693/ INSTEAD!

ILL LEAVE THIS HERE FOR A WHILE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO ROLLBACK TO 11653 FOR REASONS UNKNOWN.

If you are having problems installing the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta version 1.63 Build 11653 just go by these steps and you should be fine.

If you don't have steam check this out: https://zombies.nu/community/threads/10145/

1 - Open Steam, go to LIBRARY.

2 - Go to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta PROPERTIES.

[​IMG]

3 - Go to LOCAL FILES and click BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

[​IMG]

4 - Explorer window appears. Open Expansion, shift-delete the beta-directory.

[​IMG]

5 - Go back to Steam, click UPDATES-tab. Verify that updates are enabled.

[​IMG]

6 - Go back to LOCAL FILES-tab, and click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.

[​IMG]

7 - Let Steam verify, download and install the update.
    (If you want to be sure that it installed correctly, you can launch the Beta once from steam.)

8 - Start DayZero Launcher to view that you have the correct version.

[​IMG]

9 - Receive BACON.

NOTE: Make sure you have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and the Beta installed onto the same Steam(library)-directory.

Last edited: 2014-06-05
    Frags', Rogorugu and Rawryy like this.
  2. Thanks for that. I guess we just need to wait for the servers to come online now :)

3. If we don't use steam for out beta files does it work with a direct download of the latest beta patch if we place them in the rightr location?

4. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

The latest patch requires steam.

5. Um so what about us dudes who don't have the steam version? Are we fooked?

6. doesnt work, did it twice step by step

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have the right versions, still when i open my game it gets stuck at Wait for host and my game crashes.. (RECEIVING MISSION FILES 0/0KB)

8. DENRR

DENRR Shipwrecked Leaderboard

if game works without steam, it is impossible to play? how install beta batch no steam?

9. Frags'

Frags' The Legend Leaderboard

uhhhhmm, the fuck?

10. DENRR

DENRR Shipwrecked Leaderboard

11. Bob Ollinger likes this.
  12. Hanness

Hanness ZNU bitch Leaderboard

I can't get it to work.. I have followed all these steps, but I still have the old Beta patch.. :-(

mikeyyy likes this.
  13. mdms

mdms No Leaderboard Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator

This was probably because the server was actually down. Works now?

Really? Still having problems? Are you sure you have the right directories showing up at Launcher (settings)?

14. That fixed it for me! Thanks a lot.
    Do you have a steam version and just copied your 'beta'-folder and gave it to us, or are you a wizard?

15. ye works now

16. Hanness

Hanness ZNU bitch Leaderboard

New problem.. I can't start up the launcher anymore.. when I press the launcher it doens't open up, and even when I try to reinstall, I only get a quick opening of a website, then it shuts down again..

17. Denisik

Denisik Shipwrecked

18. Bimborus

Bimborus Shipwrecked Leaderboard

I join in this request!! Would be great if that was possible. I would haste to leave dayzero just because of that beta patch.

19. Grzybus

Grzybus Shipwrecked

And what about an DayZ commander can u download patch by it and play it normally?

20. Denisik

Denisik Shipwrecked

does not work